Mecapack answers you!
There are certain rules to follow when cleaning and disinfecting a Mecaplastic packaging machine. If followed correctly, these will guarantee an optimal machine life.
The packaging line should be cleaned after each production run.
1. Before proceeding with cleaning, protect the most sensitive areas (tools, engines, sensors, tanks), if possible by material insulation.
2. Clean the dirtiest parts without using any cleaning product (just water). A film deposit emanating from pieces of food can attack or make the stainless steel more susceptible to corrosion. Meticulous cleaning is therefore very important.
3. Finish off the cleaning and the disinfection with one of the recommended products.
4. Generously and scrupulously rinse all parts of the machine which have been cleaned.
5. Blow dry or dry potential areas of corrosive material retention.
1. Thoroughly scrape of the most effected rusty areas with Scotch-Brite® and without using a cleaning product
2. Rinse in water without disinfectant to reform the passive layer Should any corrosion remain or reform, it will be necessary to:
3. To clean with a Scotch-Brite® and a special passivation product with a phosphoric acid base.
. Follow the instructions on the product including time of application
. Use personal protection equipment (glasses and gloves)
4. Thoroughly rinse the treated areas.
5. Rinse the whole machine in clear water without a disinfecting product so as to reform the passive layer.